Spending money on Back to School items can be expensive when you have to buy supplies, book bags, clothes, and shoes. But why overpay for clothes and shoes when there are ways to help you save and spend less out of pocket.
With school starting back shortly your pockets will be drained if you don’t carefully shop for your child and or children.
In previous years people have mastered how to shop for supplies to get the best deals. You can now learn to do the same with clothes as well.
Tips to Save on Clothes:
1. Check the closet and dressers of your child before making any sudden moves. Always have the child to try on the clothes that they already have before making a purchase. I had my daughter to clean out the closet, and I was surprised at the items that she pulled out still with price tags on them. She had shorts that still had the tags on them that I purchased just as it started to get hot outside. So I don’t have to buy her any shorts at this time she can wear what she has already. Now her shirts are an entirely different story they are going to have to be replaced. Her shoes as well are all worn out as if she had them for years. Checking the closet and dressers has saved me time and money in the store.
2. Do you reside in a state that offers the sales tax holiday? Here in North Carolina, they don’t provide a sales tax holiday. But several states to participate in the sales tax holiday. Check the website to see if your state is a participates and to see what dates it is.
3. Shopping from home, you reap several benefits by locating online couponing codes that will help you save money. Most sites offer free shipping on a purchase of a certain amount. The benefits of shopping at home are that you will avoid those crowds. It is much quicker to shop online, and it helps you to avoid buying unnecessary items.
4. Use your cell phone to shop there are great apps such as RetailMeNot that will provide you with coupons and discount codes to use in store and online. You can pull your phone out in store and have the cashier scan your phone so that you will save money without having to take around paper coupons. Searching items on Ebates and it will tell you where to find the things at with the lowest price.
5. Always shop clearance racks first. If you go to the clearance racks, you will find the off-season items along with the new markdowns for the current season. If you find coats or jeans, you should buy them a size or two more significant, than your child’s current size can hold onto them for the winter. They can also be saved for the next winter if they are just entirely too big.
6. Make a budget that you will stay on track. Don’t overspend on items make sure you are comparing the prices before making purchases. My daughter wants some $190 Nike sneakers which she will not be getting. I have found some shoe sites that are offering Buy one, Get one on shoes. I gave my daughter the places to look at so she can choose what shoes she wanted.
Thanks for reading my post. I hope you were able to take away some Tips on Shopping for Back to School Clothes.