Its August already it’s about time for the kids to go back to school. Have you started shopping for school supplies? Do you procrastinate and wait until the last minute? Are you already stocked up with the supplies and don’t have to go shopping? Well if your anything like me you have to go shopping. I have the bare minimum of supplies that my daughter will need for school.
Keep The Following Things In Mind
1. Have you looked at the supply list for your child? If you haven’t made sure, you look at the required list of items before going shopping. I know that most stores have a supply list there for you to pick up things off the list. Keep walking past that list and make sure you look on the school website and get the list from there to eliminate spending so much on unnecessary items.
2. Make sure you look at what you already have handy and mark it off the list before going to the store. If you check off the items that you already have it will help you spend less out of pocket. You won’t be stuck with unnecessary things.
3. Plan your shopping trip write out a list and compare the prices at the different store. You can always use the Flipp app and type in the item, and it will show you where the object is on sale at and what the price of it is.
Once you have looked at the supply list when through the supplies you already have and have written out your list, you are ready to go shopping.
Helpful Tip Before Going Shopping
1. Only purchase items on sales. If the object isn’t marked with a sale price, don’t purchase it.
2. Look for the lowest price at the store in your area by going to the Flipp app and typing in the name of the item and seeing what store it is on sale.
3. Name brand is not that critical look at cheaper items versus the name brand item. They all do the same thing but cost less.
4. The dollar stores such as Family Dollar and Dollar General have smart coupons that you can use to lower your out of pocket on supplies. Check the app to see if there are other coupons you can use such as for tissues, Clorox or Lysol wipes, Hand Sanitizer or Zip-lock bags. Check the Dollar Tree for school supplies. The Dollar Tree has plenty of school supplies there that you can purchase. If need be, you can buy them in bulk if you need too.
6. If you plan on waiting until the last minute that is definitely a good idea. Last minute shoppers reap better benefits because the store will make the items down so low to get rid of them. When the Back to School items first started being advertised, they were higher, and they are gradually going down each week.
Let’s start saving!
Don’t forget to like, subscribe, and share.